Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Chinese New Year resolution

Chinese New Year came and went by so quickly. Nothing much to say about it except that I got extra money from my dearest sister for my birthday which fell on the Chinese New Year eve this year! Yay!! Where can you find this kind of sweet sister, I ask you? Hehehe...
So, anyway, like last year, I would post my Chinese New Year Resolution on my blog and hope that I can at least fulfill some of it this year. I couldn't even fulfill even one of my five resolutions last year *sigh*. So here goes:

1. Try to eat right, sleep right and exercise more
Hmmm..ok, so this is 3 resolutions in one, but my ultimate aim is to lead a healthier life. Yup, some of my friends would know that even though I'm only in my early 20s, I have the health of a 40+ year old. Not to mention that I am at risk of getting hereditary diseases...so, to prevent my death before I even hit 30, I'd try to lessen my fast food intake, sleep moderately and exercise more. Oh, and for those of you who eat fast food often, try getting your cholesterol level checked, because you may just find yourself being at risk of having an artery blockage! It is a silent killer and it is actually rather common for young people to have a very high cholesterol level.

2. Lose weight
Related to the above, I am actually 5 kilograms overweight by doctor's standard and at least 10 kilograms overweight by beauty standards. I'm planning to lose only 5 kilos. Skinny people can stop saying that you are fat in front of me, k?

3. Donate blood again
I went to donate blood for the first time in Nov 22, 2006. Even though I nearly fainted, I felt good after that. Just want to ask doctors-to-be: if my cholesterol level is very high (like 160, forget what unit the Malaysian lab use) but am not taking medication (YET), will I be risking the life of the person who receives my blood? Hmmm...

4. Save money
Ok, I didn't save much last year. And my aim was to have at least 5 digits in my account before I am 25. Looks like it's still a very long way to go! Ok, I'll lower my aim for this year: I'll save 10% of my monthly allowance.

5. Stop procrastinating
Hehehe...this year, this is way down the list. I promise that I'll try to start doing my work at least 2 weeks before the die (due) date. Hehehe...

I'm not aiming for much, just these 5 for the Pig year. Can I do it? I'll try to fulfill at least the first one. Dying of heart attack at 40 doesn't sound appealing to me. Haha...
Wish me luck...

2 comments:

fluotone said...

Good Luck Sweetheart!

Unknown said...

comment to = "I be risking the life of the person who receives my blood?"

no, the blood u donate doesnt contain the high cholestrol level in ur blood. its the traces of cholestrom that doctors track in the lab tests. the killer is the accumulated 'goo' that gets stuck in the arteries that constrict the flow and make it high pressured. so if there's a sudden adnormality, the pressure will burst the artery resulting a stroke.